Sunday, July 26, 2009

New Computer

My wonderful husband met me at the allergist on Friday and took the boys and my fried computer to Best Buy while I endured round two of my allergy testing at yet another allergist. This was at least my 4th round of testing since I graduated college, but I digress...

So Blunoz and the boys went off to Best Buy to visit the Geek Squad. There they discovered that my mother board was fried. UGH! Thankfully the Geeks were able to recover my hard drive and transfer it to an external hard drive.
While the boys played Webkinz on the display computers, Blunoz perused the computers and decided on two, a Toshiba and a Dell. I had three criteria, built in webcam so we can skype with our friends around the world; a screen that was 15" or greater and lots of hard drive space for pictures. After I sat through my itchy shots I went over to meet them. The decision... The TOSHIBA. The price was slightly less than the dell and it has some kind of feature that makes CD labels for you (still need to figure that one out).

Toshiba - Satellite Laptop with Intel® Centrino® Processor Technology - Black Onyx

I am still getting used to Window's Vista and the different layout of the keyboard. But I am excited to have the number pad again. That was one thing I missed when I switched from a desk top to a laptop.

The best news is that as Blunoz was wandering around the store in his uniform a store associate told him that they have a military discount, 10% off! Wahoo!

So I am back up and running!

No comments: