Saturday, February 28, 2009

Oh where...

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate moving? Yea, I probably have.

One of the things I hate the most is the loneliness. I think on this move it has manifested itself even more. I know the first six months are always hard on me, so I have a month to go. Though you would think that the loneliness would be less this trip since we came back an area we had just moved from, but it is still there, but it is more of a logistical/seasonal problem.

When we were in Hawaii the friends for the boys and me were just across the street. No need to set up play dates, just run across the street. We lived in Navy Housing and our boys are not wanderers by nature so they pretty much had free reign to run back and forth. Rules were they had to tell me if they were going somewhere besides across the street. I think once they walked their friend's dog. :-)

So here it is winter. The boys have a crazy school schedule... it is hard to arrange play dates for them and for myself. Playing outside to meet the neighbors is really not an option and I already told you all about SP, across the street.

I always end up feeling jealous of Blunoz and how he gets to go to work and meet people and have adult conversations during the day. This week I got "out of the house" once to take YB to gymnastics and met Divrchk there. She is my one adult conversation this week. Even Blunoz hasn't been home very much or very talkative.

Oh where or where is spring?! I am so looking forward to its arrival. Maybe all of this is really just Seasonal Disorder...

Spring come soon!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 ...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH MONDAY MORNING... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN XXXXXXXXX HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH FOR SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH MONDAY MORNING. LOW PRESSURE ALONG THE GULF COAST WILL MOVE EAST TONIGHT...EMERGING IN THE WESTERN ATLANTIC NEAR GEORGIA AND SOUTH CAROLINA BY SUNDAY MORNING. THE LOW WILL THEN STRENGTHEN AS IT MOVES NORTH ALONG THE COAST SUNDAY AFTERNOON AND NIGHT. SOME COLD AIR WILL BE IN PLACE DUE TO PRECIPITATION TONIGHT. THE STORM WILL REINFORCE THAT COLD AIR. PLENTY OF MOISTURE WILL BE IN PLACE TOO. THEREFORE...THERE WILL BE THE POSSIBILITY OF 5 OR MORE INCHES OF SNOW. A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW...SLEET...OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.

4 comments:

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

I've heard tell that a trip to the spa can cure this particular type of seasonal disorder :)

JoLee said...

Definition of Patience: Finding something to do in the meantime.
Hey, I'm about to get SAD. We've had a GRAY FEB and I'm tired of it. That's why I've been wanting to run away to Aruba, Cancun, Cabo, anywhere that has SUN!

Kat said...

Are you getting any of this winter storm that I am hearing about on the news this morning? And we are wanting to get stationed in Bangor Washington next. Not sure if I could handle the cold and snow after warm and sunny.

The Yokoyama's said...

Our weather is great, but we can't recreate the roll across the street lifestyle we had in Navy Housing either. We enjoyed it and we miss you all.