Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Power of Ketchup!

What is it with Ketchup? I often think that YB got my taste buds but then I see what he does with ketchup and say "nope, no way, he didn't get that from me!"

YB is a super picky eater (like me) and lately he has been expanding his repertoire of what he eats by dipping it in ketchup. Yup ketchup. Everything is going into the ketchup.

Tonight I made a Salsa Chicken that had melted cheese on top of it. Usually the boys don't like melted cheese on their food (yes WEIRD) so I made a piece without cheese on it and put the bag of cheese on the table for them. Each of them wanted a little pile of shredded cheese on their plate. YB of course was not eating his chicken and asked for ketchup.

Ok, does anyone see where this is going? First the tortilla chips went into the ketchup..."Mmmm, yummy", me thinks not. Then he declares, "I am going to try the cheese with ketchup!". UGH! This combination also got the two thumbs up. At this point, I excused myself from the table. :-)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
In case you are wondering, I am also on the No High Fructose Corn Syrup Bandwagon and this is the ketchup we are now using.

1 comment:

divrchk said...

He liked the cheese on his chicken sandwich today too! And went crazy with his sundae... I bought the Trader Joe's organic ketchup when I was there last time and both kids are eating it happily. I also have a bottle of the Safeway kind you have pictured waiting in my pantry. I think the TJ's one was $1.99 but was a smaller size than Safeway's... I need to do some price comparisons.