Saturday, January 31, 2009

Too Smart for Me

So, I often joke that ES is smarter than me. But in all seriousness, he might very well be! Granted part of the problem is his interests vary from mine, he is most definitely Blunoz's son. They have long detailed conversations about things that bore me to death!

In Blunoz's post about the Pinewood Derby he was horrified that ES picked out complimentary colors for his car. I am sure he blames this on me, that is something I know about. But it was not me! I never taught him that! Of course knowing ES, his favorite colors are orange and yellow so he probably just wanted a yellow car and picked the purple because it is the complimentary color to yellow.

Then the other day, I picked up ES at school and we started talking about what he did in music that day. He seems to really like playing the percussion instruments such as the xylophone. He said they played an instrument similar to the xylophone but it was called something else that he couldn't remember, I think he was talking about the Marimba, but I am not sure. Anyway, I commented that I noticed he really liked playing percussion instruments and that lead me into talking about wood winds and brass, etc... you know what I got from the backseat? "I know... I know... I know...".... Okay, sorry kid! I won't try to teach you anything ever again! :-)

I am so glad to be back in Loudoun County where ES is getting a great education. Even at private school in Hawaii he was lacking in the extra stuff. He had PE 2xs a week and music once a week for the first half of the year and then they switched to art for the second half and of course library once a week. Here he is getting PE 3xs a week, art once, music twice and of course library.

1 comment:

JoLee said...

ya, well I'm kinda glad ALL of you are back on the mainland - and I agree you are the CEO..... Chief Entertainment Officer!