Monday, February 9, 2009

Obstacles

Hello again! Wow, life really threw us a loop and a half. Sometimes I feel like I am meant to be overweight, something always seems to kick my motivation right out the door. Since January 20th I have been sick. It started with a soar throat, moved to a low grade fever and then on to normal cold symptoms. Well the cold symptoms went away but the low grade fever hung on and on. I had a third doctors appointment scheduled last Thursday since i doubted they could tell me it was a cold when I had no cold symptoms. I had just gotten out of the shower and dressed Thursday morning when the phone rang. It was the school nurse at ES's school. ES was running a 102 fever and could I please come and get him.

So ES was horribly sick for two days. His fever spiked at 104 and he was vomiting (on the bright side it stopped me from concentrating on my own illness). ES will not swallow any kind of medication (yes, we have tried everything and anything). He had practiced swallowing bread balls as his doctor in Hawaii had recommended so I knew he could do it. I had cut a Tylenol in half for him but he just spit those out. He finally came up with the brilliant idea of cutting it into 4th. The first quarter I gave him he spit out but then swallowed the other 3 successfully! Wahoo, within an hour his temperature was down to 101.

Saturday morning we both woke up fever free! It was a miracle.

So today, I sit here trying to find the motivation to get up and exercise. Get back on that WW track. The good news is that I still managed to lose some weight during all that time of being sick. But the bad news is Blunoz wants to go to the Submarine Birthday Ball on April 11 and I would really like to be in a size 12 by then. You would think that would be motivation... :-)

Ok, I am off to exercise. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

The Yokoyama's said...

You will look beautiful no matter what! I have visions of M leaving for 7 months in Sept and me losing tons of weight while he's gone...
We should get pedometers and see if we can do 10,000 steps a day. I wonder if the elyptical trainer registers on that? I have beautiful Mission Trails to hike with Copper. It's so pretty. Miss ya!~