Friday, January 30, 2009

It has been a rough couple of weeks here. We returned from a fun trip down to Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg to celebrate YB's 5th birthday with friends from Hawaii to the news of Blunoz's Aunt and Uncle passing away. On top of that tragic news that is still incomprehensible to me, we all got sick. The two boys have been stuffed up with some coughing, Blunoz was stuffed up and that turned into a sinus infection and I have had multiple symptoms, the most persistent being a low grade fever for over a week now. On a happy note as soon as Blunoz started on his antibiotics you could see his mood improving greatly. I dream of antibiotics and have been to see the doctor twice to be told I have a cold. Really, I don't go to the doctor for just a cold. The low grade fever is really knocking me for a loop, I have been having trouble staying awake during the day and have lacked all sorts of motivation. I asked about mono and the PA I saw looked at me like I had ten heads. Since there is nothing they would do for mono besides prescribe rest, I didn't pursue it further.

We received our first official snow since returning from Hawaii and the boys got 2+ days off from school. I felt bad that I didn't even get them out to play in the snow, their first snow in 2 years. But I just didn't have the energy to be out there with them. Supposedly we are getting more snow Monday night so hopefully I will feel better by then and get them out to build a snow fort or something.
The bird feeder was half full at the beginning of the day and all the birds emptied it!


Our front steps covered in snow before I shoveled.


Yes, I still have some Christmas Decorations to take down. :-)


I love the look of these bird feeders. A little touch of whimsy out my window.


I will try to get more rest this weekend while Blunoz is home from work and can look after the boys for me. I think last night was the first night I slept through in a week since YB has had me up most nights. The other night I could see him over on Blunoz's side of the bed trying to wake up his Daddy to no avail. Well at least he tried. :-)

4 comments:

Kat said...

Hope you feel better soon.

JoLee said...

teach him to take a glass of water into Daddy when he tries to wake him up! :)

Loping Squid said...

I really like that first picture. Not only did you get a good shot of the male cardinal, but I counted ten birds in that shot!

Sagey said...

Yes, there were probably about 10 birds there all day long. Usually they were patient and waited their turn but there were a few fights. :-)