Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Year Public Service Announcement

So Caffienated Cowgirl just made me aware that not everyone knows about this little shopping trick. If you are shopping online, you need to google/search engine (does anyone use Yahoo anymore?) the name of the store you are shopping at and the word discount or coupon. My MIL taught me this trick quite a few years ago.

For example CC was shopping at Oriental Trading Company getting ready for Little Man's birthday party. She told me she was trying to spend another $10 so she could save the $16 in shipping fees as they had free shipping on orders of $59. I googled "Oriental Trading Company Coupon" and found a coupon for free shipping on orders of $49. In essence not only did I save her from buying more useless stuff but I also saved her the shipping costs. That comes to $26 savings in my book. :-)

Now not all the coupons that pop up on your search are going to work, but keep trying the different codes until you find one that does. Even if a store is not offering free shipping, I can often find a discount that matches or exceeds the shipping costs.

I also frequent the Want Not site that is always alerting me to good sales, coupons and/or discounts.

I hope I save you all tons of money in the new year! :-)

2 comments:

JoLee said...

Also be sure and check:
www.currentcodes.com

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

And I bow down to you...you're a good friend, Sagey :)