Wednesday, April 9, 2008

This is why I am cranky!

Okay, so i have been super tired lately. I have been waking up in the middle of the night and having a very hard time going back to sleep and the lack of sleep is really starting to get to me.

So last night I went to bed early with great intentions of having a very good night's sleep. So I dozed off just as DH came up to brush his teeth and then next thing I know I am listening to him open and close the drawers in his bureau. He gets his clothes out the night before with the intent of not disturbing me in the morning. So then he starts conversing me with topics that are not calming and soothing. Okay, up for another half an hour. :-)

Midnight: ES is standing next to me tapping me to wake up because he has had a bad dream. I get ES back in bed and come back to find DH has sprawled on my side of the bed. Got to shove him back over... yea he slept through ES coming in. Ok, back to sleep I go again...

3am: Ring, Ring, Ring... THE PHONE?! DH is acting CO this week and unfortunately I took our bedroom phone downstairs yesterday and forgot to bring it up so I go dashing for the guestroom phone (yes DH is still sleeping). Unfortunately I get to the phone too late but with the caller ID I know it wasn't the boat. It was Private Name/Private Number. They didn't leave a message... who called us at 3am. I am guessing it is some ding bat on the east coast who forgot we live in HAWAII! Yes, DH woke up when I came back to the room with the phone but of course went quickly back to sleep. After waiting a few more minutes to see if the phone company is just slow processing the voice mail, I eventually fall back to sleep. Turns out it was someone from the east coast who forgot we were 6 hours behind. So my first question is, if it is work related and you think it is after 9am, why are you calling my DH at home? Shouldn't he be at work?! UGH

5am (ish): DH is up and I am thinking... hmmm he is up early for a Wednesday morning. The PT Nazi starts PT later than regular command PT on Monday and Friday. Well, he comes back to bed so I have to ask what he is doing. "Getting some eye drops". WHAT?! Eye drops in the middle of the night? Ok, back to sleep.

6am: DH's alarm goes off... and goes off again 5 minutes later. :-)

6:4o: My alarm goes off... the DJ's are droning on and on about something... I fall back to sleep.

6:50: They finally play music that brings me to my senses. Dash out of bed and get the ball rolling to get ES off to school on time.

So, this is why I am cranky. Hopefully tonight will be better. :-)

No comments: