Sunday, March 16, 2008

Waimea Valley Audubon Center



I am going to beat my husband to it. He is off at a Dining In for his Squadron so I will post a few pics of what we did today. All I can say is there are moments when I love living in "Paradise".





We went out to the Waimiea Valley Audubon Center this morning/afternoon to hike up to the fall. It is by no means a hike, more of a stroll along a nicely graded paved path. And at the end is this wonderful waterfall. If the conditions are right and the lifeguards are there, you can go for a swim.ES and I had a great time swimming in the pool at the bottom of the fall. You can see us off to the left of the fall, I am wearing my pink Red Sox hat and ES is in a blue life jacket. Everyone 12 and under has to wear a life jacket and there are adult ones too if you don't feel like a strong enough swimmer to go out in the 30 feet deep water.


We sure had a great time!






Here are some sites from along the way...










4 comments:

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

Fabulous pics! In all the time I spent on Oahu, I never made it to this place. Hmm...will have to jot it down on the list of things to do for the next time I am there.

Sagey said...

CC: Just make sure you come before we leave! :-)

divrchk said...

My parents went and I have a photo of my sister in the falls but I was sitting in the NICU with Andrew when they were out having fun.

Anonymous said...

My God how beautiful! Easy to see how places like that help coin it "Paradise" even if it isn't all the time!