Saturday, July 12, 2008

Our Last Hawaii Visitors

For the past two weeks, my bestest dearest friend P and her family came to visit! It had been over a year since I had last seen them and probably 2+ since Blunoz had seen them. P and are truly blessed since our husbands, whom we met later in life, are also good friends. We had a very good visit. Blunoz was able take a couple of days off to do some touristy stuff and they planned their vacation over a long weekend, so he had more time off. Even though we are far from home, we are blessed that though this is Sea Duty for Blunoz, he is stuck in the shipyard doing a decom (great for the family, though I know he would rather be out serving his country more aggressively).

Here are some shots of our visit with them.

The Mac Nut Farm
P&E with the Chief and E, N and A get some fresh coconut!






The Pali Highway Overlook
YB, N and ES and YB with Windy Hair.


Paradise Cove Luau
YB shows off his Flower Bracelet

E Tries some Poi and then has something to wash it down!





Sea Life Park - It isn't Sea World, but they do a good job.



The Top of Diamond Head


Little A ... Little A, N and YB


P&E


They were so patient with us. As many of you know we are in the midst of the waiting game for the next assignment. Usually being two months out from transferring and not knowing where you are going would not be a big deal; annoying of course, but not crucial. But living in Hawaii and having the prospect of moving back CONUS (Continental United States) things take longer. On this side, you need to pack out your stuff at least a month in advance and get what is called ALOHA furniture from housing. They supply beds for everyone, a couch and a dining room table. At least we wouldn't be sitting/sleeping on the floor. If we don't pack out early enough we could be sitting/sleeping on the floor on the other end while we wait for our furniture. So I personally am STRESSED. It would be on thing if it were just Blunoz and I, but we have two small children to take into consideration as well. I am sure my stress is not helping Blunoz either. I ask him multiple times a day if he has orders... I really need to stop that! So LCDR Detailer, I apologize if Blunoz is annoying you. He is doing it for me. :-) But I digress, I was talking about P&E. They sat here through all our discussions and looked at houses on line with us. We appreciate their support so much! We are really looking forward to moving back to the East Coast. As great as Hawaii would appear to be, it isn't home. I am an east coast girl at heart. Though I am Bostonian at heart, Virginia is a nice compromise. We will no longer be a half day plane trip away from my friends and family.

We have enjoyed Hawaii, and we have sure packed in a lot. We knew we would probably only be here a year so we wanted to be sure to see as much as we could. We were blessed with a great CO and a non-sea going vessel so we were able to pull a lot off. We know it is not the norm for the Navy Life so we enjoyed it while we could! Going off to the DC, it will be back to the long work hours for Blunoz.

2 comments:

Loping Squid said...

soooo....my LW didn't tell you our plane leaves tomorrow?

Sagey said...

LS, If only that were true! We miss you guys too!!!