Sunday, May 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Dear ES!

Today I am the mom of a 7 year old.

True to ES' personality, he was stubborn and did not want to experience the change of location. He was due on the 16th of May, after waiting a week the doctor decided to induce me so we went into the Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula (CHOMP) on May 24th and started the Petosen and had my water broken around 11am that day.



ES still did not want to come out. By 6am (PST) ES was still not coming out, hadn't even progressed anywhere. Dr. Keith said well you can keep laboring for another 6 hours or we can do a C-Section. I opted for the C-Section. Turned out that the c-section was the right way to go. ES's head was OFF the charts, there is no way he would have fit through my hips.



As I sit here remembering the official day that I became a mother, I wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR ES!!!!

























See his head was (is) so big we couldn't even keep the little hospital beanie on it! :-)


ES you are loved so much and we are so blessed that God gave us you! Happy Birthday to you!!




On another happy note, the same day God blessed us with ES he also blessed Blunoz' cousin (and our dear friends to boot) with E.

Happy Birthday E!!!

2 comments:

JoLee said...

Let that be a valuable lesson to all.... those personality traits first experienced continue.

Anonymous said...

Holy cow.....can it really be that we were once mothers to babies merely hours old?

I have appreciated having you as a cousin-in-law...we definitely need to live closer. While our lives are definitely different, so much is parallel and I appreciate the support you have always given.

Thanks for you, and here's to another 7+ years!

xoxoxo
-me