Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for my marriage and husband.

Oh sure we don't live a glamorous life and sometimes life gets pretty mundane and other times totally bizarre, but through the thick and thin we stand by each other. We choose each other over anyone else on this earth. I am extremely grateful for that.

You all know, I can get annoyed with my husband (and he can get annoyed with me) but one thing I have always known is that God gave him to me. I try my best (and my best is far from perfect) to cherish that gift. I can see almost every step of my life leading straight to him and knowing almost instantly that he was the one for me.

KLove is doing the Love Dare until Valentine's Day, I have been intrigued by this dare since we saw the movie Fireproof (which was excellent by the way) but of course my marriage was/is not in the turmoil of those characters. But the Love Dare is for anyone. I probably won't post about this again, but I am challenging myself to this Dare so I can better cherish the gift God has given me. Will you challenge yourself too?

4 comments:

amy said...

I love that you're doing this, too! You keep me honest! Still trying to figure out my selfless act for the day! aack!!

Sagey said...

Oh man, I am supposed to be doing ALL of them each day! DUH! :-)

Tanya said...

Hi. I just popped over from your husband's blog. I just bought my husband the Love Dare: Day by Day book this Xmas. We were supposed to do it together and have only read 2 days...since Xmas. I originally got it for him...but like you, I definitely need to cherish the gift I have been given! Take care!

Lisa said...

This is beautiful post, none of us are perfect,but we can hold close to that which is in our lives :-)

Lisa